AOL Mail is a free web internet service, which is very popular among business professionals & business experts. It is being accessed without any particular domain name. The best thing is that AOL Mail can be accessed through your contact number, which provides better security to its users and official clients. AOL Mail provides a spam-free and segregated mailbox, virus-free working environment, you can share data instantly with your family and friends. But sometimes, many users report about facing different issues with the AOL mail and if you are also facing the same issue of AOL mail not working.
Then, read the article below in detail to know all the different possible solutions to get rid of AOL mail not working error as per the device type. The unwanted add-on tools and additional features are the main reason behind AOL Mail related issues and problems. Below are the required steps and methods you need to follow to make the AOL mail work properly in your device.
AOL Mail Not Working on iPhone
Many iPhone users worldwide face the issue of “AOL mail not working on iPhone” and they do not have any idea regarding fixing this up. If you are also facing the same situation, then follow the below-mentioned stepwise methods to get rid of the AOL mail not working on iPhone error.
Turn on the Airplane Mode
- Open the Control panel on your iPhone by swiping up.
- Now, find and click on the plane icon to turn airplane mode on.
- Wait for a while and turn airplane mode off again.
Or you can go to the iPhone settings to turn on the airplane mode:
- Open the settings on your iPhone.
- Now, turn on the airplane mode option by sliding the bar.
- Wait for a while and turn the airplane mode off again.
Reset the Network Settings
If you tried the airplane mode method but the error is still there. Then, you can try this method of network settings reset and below are the steps for the same.
- Open the settings of your iPhone.
- Find the option of “General options” and select it.
- Keep scrolling down to find and select the “Reset” option.
- In the end, select and confirm the “Reset Network Settings” option.
Readdition of AOL Account
If you have also tried to reset the network settings but still the AOL mail error continues to occur on your iPhone. Then, you need to try removing the AOL account and adding it again by following the below steps.
- Open the settings on your iPhone and then go to Password & Accounts.
- Search and select the option of the AOL account from the available accounts.
- Now, select the option of “Delete Account” at the bottom of the page.
- After deleting, you need to add the account again.
- Open the settings on your iPhone and then click on Passwords & Accounts.
- Select the option of “Add Account.”
- In the end, use your credentials to log in to your account again.
Now, if you are encountering the AOL mail not working on iPhone error even after removing and adding the AOL account again. Then, follow the steps of method 4 to activate 2-step verification for AOL mail on your iPhone.
Activate 2-Step Verification
Follow the below-mentioned steps to set up 2-step verification for AOL mail on iPhone.
- Go to the Account security page of AOL mail on your iPhone.
- Select the option of “Manage” and ensure that the 2-step verification is on.
- Make a selection for the “Connect Apps” option and go to ios mail application then select your ios device type.
- Now, select “Generate App Password” for getting a unique password.
- Open iPhone settings and go to the AOL mail account page.
- If there is no AOL account added in your iPhone, follow the above-mentioned method 3 to add an account.
- In the end, enter the already generated unique password in the place of AOL password for your iPhone.
You must click on the “Save” button after following the above-mentioned steps and now the AOL mail should work properly on your iPhone. But if the AOL mail not working on iPhone error is still there, you can try the final method of contacting the App developers directly for help.
Contact The AOL Mail Developers Directly for Help
If all the above-mentioned methods have failed in fixing the error of AOL mail not working on iPhone. Then, you need to contact the AOL mail customer support for help and guidance regarding fixing the issues and problems faced by you while using the AOL mail services. The AOL customer service representatives are well-trained experts to tackle all the user’s queries and issues.
The above-mentioned methods will also work for the following iPhone models:
- iPhone 5
- iPhone 6
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 8
AOL Mail Not Working on Android
Below are the different possible methods to fix the error of AOL mail on android not working. You can try all the methods to get the desired output/result.
Check your Android Device’s Internet Connection
- Firstly, open the App drawer menu in your Android device and go to the settings option.
- Find the option of Wireless Network connection under the settings.
- Turn off wifi and turn on the Cellular Data connection, then check if the internet is working properly or not. If not, go to the option of Network from the available list.
- Now, click on the option of Search Manually to start the manual search for the device’s network.
- When the search is done, you will see a list of available networks on your device.
- In the end, make a selection for the compatible network as per your device and reboot the Android device.
Check the AOL Application Settings
If you have executed all the above-mentioned steps to solve the issue of AOL mail on android not working but still not getting the expected result? No problem, you can try checking the AOL application settings by following the below-mentioned steps.
- Firstly, open the AOL mail application on your android device, then select the option of Add Account for logging into your account.
- Enter the login credentials in the provided field and click on the Ok button, then select the option of Manual setting.
- Click on the option of IMAP Account Settings and fill all the necessary details.
- Set the port to 143, IMAP and security type to None, the server should be imap.AOL.com.
- Select the option of Next and change the Outgoing server and SMTP settings of your AOL mail account.
- In the end, select the Next button and click on Ok for saving the changes, then you must proceed with logging again into your AOL account.
If the problem of AOL mail on android not working is still there in your device, then you can also try updating the AOL software or the operating system of the device for getting rid of the same problem.
Software or Operating System Update of the Device
If there is any update available on your Android device, you must update your device to the latest version as soon as possible.
- Go to the Settings option in your Android device, then find and click on the About Phone option.
- Now, find and click on the option of a System update to check if there is any update available.
- If you find any software update available for your device, then download and install it.
After the software update, check if the problem of AOL mail not working is resolved or not. If not, you can try the last possible method i.e Uninstalling and reinstalling the AOL mail program/software.
Uninstalling and Reinstalling the AOL Mail Program/Software
- Go to the settings in your Android device.
- Find the option of Apps and select the Default Apps on your device option.
- Look for the option of the AOL application and select it.
- Now, there will be two options- Uninstall and Force Stop, select the option of Uninstall and click on Ok to confirm the action.
- After the uninstallation process completes, go to the Play store of your Android device and search for the AOL application.
- Click on the Install button and the AOL app will be installed in your device automatically.
- In the end, login to your account again and enjoy the AOL mail services.
AOL Mail Not Working on iPad
There are many iPad users worldwide and they also use AOL mail services on their iPad. But sometimes, the AOL mail services come to a halt due to some error or issue and the users report that AOL mail on iPad not working. Follow the below-mentioned steps to fix this issue.
- Go to the settings on your iPad.
- Click on the “Mail, Contacts, Calendars” button.
- Select your AOL account.
- Make sure that the mentioned AOL email address is correct and make changes if needed.
- The hostname must be “imap.aol.com.”
- Click on the “SMPT” button.
- Primary Server field must be set to “smtp.aol.com” and the server should be on.
- Now, you can enjoy hassle-free AOL mail services.
The issue of AOL mail on iPad not working must be resolved by following the above-mentioned steps carefully.
AOL Mail Not Working on Chrome
Is your AOL mail not working on chrome? Don’t panic, below are the multiple possible methods provided that you need to follow for resolving this issue.
Update the password
If the user has changed his/her AOL password, he/she will have to make the same changes in the email client as well. Go to the “Accounts Settings” or “Email Accounts” section and click on your AOL account. After this, update the password.
This method must work out in solving the issue of AOL mail not working on chrome. If the issue is still there, check the IMAP settings.
Check the IMAP Settings
You must check and ensure that IMAP or POP settings are correct in your system as per the requirements. You will have the option to choose from IMAP or POP settings and we suggest to use IMAP settings as it works perfectly with the AOL mail services.
If you have checked the IMAP settings but still the same problem continues to occur, then move forward with the last possible method i.e. updating the chrome.
Update the Chrome
The problem may be with the version of chrome. If you are using an older version of chrome, then there may be some bugs and problems resulting in AOL mail not working on chrome. We suggest you upgrade your chrome application to its latest version and then check if the AOL mail services are working properly or not.
Why is AOL Mail Not Working on Mac
You can try any or all of the below-mentioned methods if you have the same complaint of AOL mail on mac not working. The methods below will help you in identifying the specific reason for this issue and resolving the same.
Open the Connection Doctor in Mac Mail
- Open the mail by clicking on its icon.
- Now, click on the Window option at the top menu and then select the Connection Doctor.
- The Mail Connection Doctor will show your connection status, if there is a spinning wheel appearing, then go again to Window and click on Activity to find out about the same.
If you see a red status button, it means that your device’s mail app is not able to connect with the internet. But if you see the red status button while being connected to the internet, the problem is probably with the mail server on the account setup.
The Mail Connection Doctor may return the following errors:
Unable to Verify IMAP or SMTP Login Username and Password Combination
- Go to your Mac mail, then click on the Mail menu and select the option of Preferences.
- Now, click on Accounts.
- If you have changed the AOL mail password, update the same here also in the Password field box.
Could Not Connect to IMAP/POP/SMTP Server
Do remember to check the network connection and ensure that the entered account preferences are correct by making a double-click on the status box. Now, if you find everything correct under the account information section. Then, the firewall or network firewall may be the reason behind this issue.
You must also check that your server supports Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), SSL is a protocol that takes care of the communication security on the internet.
Not Able to Find Any Error but AOL Mail on Mac Not Working
If you cannot send/receive emails or you find a delay in receiving emails on your Mac, then restart your mac mail and doing this will probably fix your issue. The wrong mail id or temporary mail issue can also be the reason behind not able to send/receive emails. Resending and recreating mails should work in fixing this issue. Also, the “Use SSL” option under the “Advanced” tab of Accounts preferences must not be selected.
“!” Symbol Next to the Mail Folder but Connection Doctor was Unable to Connect
The restart of the mac mail application solves the problem of mail send/receive. But if the problem continues, then the wrong email id or temporary mail issue could be the reason. Try resending or recreating the mail.
Verify the Account Settings
If the above-mentioned method did not help you in resolving the AOL mail on mac not working error, then check and verify the correctness of the account information and mail server settings.
Refresh the Mailbox
If you have checked and found everything correct with the account information and mail server settings but the problem is still the same, then click on the Inbox button at the left side of the Mac mail application window. This will refresh your mailbox and the problem will be resolved.
Restart the Mac Mail
If the problem continues to occur even after following the method 3, then you can try the last possible method i.e. restarting your Mac mail application. This method can surely help you in resolving the issue of AOL mail on mac not working.
Now, if you have tried all the possible methods to fix the AOL mail not working error as per your device type but still not getting the expected output/result. Then, you can get in touch with our technical team for support. Our team is ready to help and assist you 24*7 as customer satisfaction is the top priority for us.